Sunday, April 17, 2011


This week has been something else...

I'll start off with last weekend, though. Friday, I ventured out to Queens to hang out with my friend Jessica -- she pretty much knows me better than anyone else, I'd say. We've known each other since 2nd grade, so..

We went to her apartment and hung out for a while, she packed and we went to bed. We woke up early on Saturday and got ready to head out to Boston to see Chris Hardwick's stand up show. I was pretty excited about it!

When we got to our hotel, it turned out the reservations didn't go through like Mariotte's website said.. And I couldn't find my confirmation email either, however we were able to get a room. The hotel was basically right across from the venue, so it wasn't bad at all!

We walked around Boston for a while before the show. We took Teka to a park, where EVERYONE was walking their dogs. All these little dogs swarmed her, it was so cute and really funny. She didn't pay much attention to them, so I praised her and gave her some kibble for her good deeds.

Priot to the park, we went to this burrito place called Boloco or something like that.. I had THE BEST burrito there. It was teriyaki sauce, broccoli, onions, carrots, chicken and brown rice in a whole wheat tortilla wrap. Fantastic! I miss it... And I had an oreo cookie smoothie with it.

Around 1830 (I'm going to use the 24 hour clock because I like it and it's easier for me, so that 6:30PM, for all you non-24 hour clock users). Jess, Teka, and myself headed over to the venue. I had our tickets ready and handed them to the ticket people when it was our turn in line. Everyone at the theatre was VERY nice and accommodating to us. They even removed a chair for Teka so she could lay down.

We were very close to the stage, so that was nice. I wasn't able to see too much of what was going on, but Jess helped me with that.

Overall, the show was great, I had a fantastic time! Afterward, we waited in line to meet Chris. Teka waddled in with her yellow raincoat. I put it on her because it was kind of dark in the building and I didn't want anyone to step on her or try to run her over outside. Anyway! Chris got to meet Teka (and me) and she was really happy to get some affection from someone that wasn't me. I think if she had it her way, she would have laid down and wanted her belly rubbed, but I didn't want to hold up the line! So, we after a few exchanges of "thank you," we parted ways and headed back to the hotel.

Sunday morning, we woke up, ate breakfast and headed to the bus station back to NYC. The bus ride was okay.. Then I had to grab something quick to eat and head off to my next bus back home.

I was going to sit on a panel for Tech-dogs iPhone panel, but my phone didn't have reception in Port Authority and by the time I had reception, it was over. So, I truly apologize for that..

The bus ride back to PA was decent. I met the most brilliant older gent on the bus. We talked about movies and shared life experiences. He seemed to have lived a great life thus far despite his girlfriend and him splitting up recently. I told him not to regret a thing, because a life with regret isn't much of a life and to look at the positive things. He's learned a lot and experienced such great things! I think he seemed a bit surprised to hear that coming from a 25 year old. I've been through my fair share of bumpy roads, so that's where I've acquired that bit of wisdom.

I'm really, truly grateful to have met that man and to have talked to him for such a short time of an hour and a half.

Monday came and it was surgery day. This surgery was to re-attach my retina that sneakily detached itself without me doing anything. Good ol' Retinopathy of Prematurity. Just went things are going good, something like this comes along and kicks me in the ass.

The surgery went really well and the first post op exam also went really well. My doctor is fantastic. I've been going to him since I was about 10, I think. He genuinely cares about me and that's a great feeling too. The second post op went smoothly as well, so I was pleased about that. My doctor was pleasantly surprised to see how well I was doing after such a short time. My next exam will be Tuesday.

I am a little nervous and my eye seems to be leaking sangeneous (sp?) fluid. Although, I believe this has happened before with my right eye.

As for Teka's care and well-being. She is doing great with this whole process. My parents take her out to do her business and I continue to feed and do the rest with her. My dad has been concerned since she started following him around. I told him that it wasn't a big deal and she would start following me again in no time. Low and behold, I was right. We've stayed in my apartment together the last two nights and she has been by my side ever since.

Today, we went house-hunting sort of.. There is a house that's right up the street from my parents that is for sale. It's a ranch style and very nice inside. It's all hardwood floor, which is fantastic and it's a 3 bedroom with a carport and garage. It would be great for Teka to play in during the winter months. The only downside is the price.. It's rather expensive and I would definitely need a roommate or two to help with bills and such. As much as I like my privacy, I need a bigger place for me and Teka. Besides, I can sacrifice my privacy.. I did rather well in college, so I think I'd okay!

We shall see where this leads...

Until then!


No comments:

Post a Comment