Tuesday, December 20, 2011

AWarD

Since my last entry, well..two days after my last entry I received a letter from the Association for the Blind in Exeter. It's the Greater Wilkes-Barre chapter. On my way back to my house, my dad told me I received a letter, but didn't tell me what it was. I had no idea and immediately said "I don't know what it could be. I don't think I did anything wrong..." My mind immedately goes to negative situations.

My dad leaves and goes to his house to pick up my mom. They both come back with the letter and I open it. My mom reads it to me and I start crying. The contents of the letter stating that I was nominated and selected for the 2012 Arline Philips Achievement Award for Greater Wilkes-Barre. The reason for my crying is because I was in shock and certainly did not expect anything like that.

I remember sitting at one of the award ceremonies years prior "Wouldn't it be cool if I were to win that one year? I don't think that would happen though." Low and behold! This year was my year.

The award letter states "This award is presented to a blind or visually impaired person whose lifestyle reflects a level of independence that serves as an example for others."

I am truly honored by the selection and the following day I called the Association to accept the nomination and talk about what happens next. I don't have much to do aside from picture taking with the sponsers once they have been selected.

The awards ceremony will be 12 Sept. It's a while away, but I'm still excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment